Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Day We Met

It was the first day I wore glasses. I hated them and made extra care to look good to compensate. It was spring and I wore a light blue dress sprinkled with tiny flowers that flowed and swayed when I walked. I had on a new pair of high heel sandals that emphasized my height. He later said when he saw me he thought to himself "That one!" By chance, one of his lunch partners was a woman who was dating one of my office mates. She called my friend and me over to the table and made introductions around the table. I was told later that he was struck by me. I laughed it off that he had confused me with my friend who was knows for a gigantic chest and unbuttoned shirts. Weeks later I was sitting in software meeting, he walked in and interrupted the meeting saying that he had to talk to me about an urgent matter waving a problem report up in the air. I was startled. He didn't work on my program and the problem report he was holding was a hardware problem report. None of my co-workers seemed to realize how strange this was. Curious, I followed him out to the hall where he asked me for a date. If he had phoned me I probably would have said no; I did not think he was my type. However, caught so off guard I nodded yes. Two kids and a dog later I wonder about the chances and the moments of courage that map our lives.
Happy Valentines - Baby!

No comments: