Friday, February 9, 2007
If Only Life Was Like A Jigsaw Puzzle
I recently started to do jigsaw puzzles. I am afraid I am addicted to them. I hardly do any housework or errands anymore. If I have a moment of time, I am at the puzzle table, studying shades of colors and subtleness of shapes. It is not the greatest intellectual challenge and I find my thoughts reviewing what happened at work this week, replaying events from long ago and mentally rehearsing conversations that need to take place. I am amazed at the satisfaction I feel when a piece so neatly falls in place and makes what was missing whole again. I wonder if my daughter is really off drugs, if my son will find his place in the world, what I can do about a homeless brother and if my husband and I have what it takes to find happiness in retirement. One by one the pieces fall into place, so smooth and closely fitted, each finding their home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment